Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I think I need a title to make this a series....

I am concerned that this blog will turn into my ranting about the people ranting in the comments on CBC news stories.

I am also concerned that the comments section reveals a disturbing microcosm of society.

Then again, how many people:
-have internet
-read the CBC news online
-comment on the CBC news online
-are completely ignorant of humanity

Hopefully not many.

So, in Calgary last night, a cop pursued a white SUV for a distance because of some traffic infraction. The SUV kept going, eventually the cop turned off his lights and sirens and gave up chase. Later, the SUV ended up rolling and smashing into a house in a residential neighborhood, started a minor fire, and killed both people in the car.

The ever-so-brilliant canuck69 (awesome screen name), writes:

"Good.

Two less epic losers for members of the public that actually contribute something to society to worry about.
"
I love how blatantly obvious it is that canuck69 really, truly, deeply, PROFOUNDLY worried about these two "epic losers." Except that (s)he doesn't. Guess canuck69 isn't a contributing member of society. Let's vote her/him off the island. Because I'm a contributing member of society, and I worry for the well being of society with canuck69 in it. Besides, I know that canuck69 would do that same in my position.

From Rexmorgan:
"Now were gonna hear the parents of these idiots say stuff like "he was a good kid'....only in the N.E."
That is SO inconvenient, Rexmorgan. I HATE hearing all that sappy crap they make up about terrible people after they're dead. Why anyone has to pretend that someone cared about these assholes is ridiculous. We should write the obituary, Rexmorgan. I think it would go something like this: "Two randoms are dead. Who gives a shit. Good riddance." Perfect.

That is, of course, assuming they can afford to print obituaries in NE Calgary. I hear it's poor there. And dirty. And full of criminals, hookers and immigrants. People from the NE basically don't matter because they're less than people anyways. And goodness knows that kids from the NW, SW and SE of Calgary never roll their cars and kill themselves, because, as Rexmorgan points out, these sorts of things only ever happen in the NE.

Either that or parents in the NW, SW and SE tell the truth and spout off all the terrible things about their children when they die. Tell me fellow (and former) Calgarians: is that how it works in your quadrant?

(Note: I should probably stop with the sarcasm before I hurt myself... oh wait... there's more...)

MapleLeafRoundel:

"Happily, at least these two dead idiots didn't kill anyone ELSE with their criminally irresponsible behavior!
Once again, some spoiled brats of the "ME Generation" have learned the hard way that actions have consequences...and when a cop says "stop", that really IS the smart thing to do.
"

Okay. I guess I take back everything I thought I knew as taught to me by Rexmorgan. I've seen the light thanks to MapleLeafRoundel. It's not the fault of Calgary's quadrant system, it's OUR PARENTS fault. For giving us everything and making us entirely self-centered. And teaching us that the law doesn't really have to be respected. I mean, it's not like you can get into any trouble a good lawyer can't get you out of these days. Thanks for clearing that up.

But thankfully, there's light with TellTheTruth:

""Lind managed to pull the passenger out of the burning Jeep."

He risked his life trying to save the suspect.
Brave man. I am glad he is O.K.
Thank you, Mr. Lind.
"

Finally, a human being human. And I'm not even speaking about Officer Lind, it's nice to see some thoughtful outlook from the peanut-gallery.

And no CBC comments section is ever entirely complete without a little conspiracy-theoring:

"Actually, Gord, the vast majority of the "anti-cop" comments in this thread are coming from East of the Manitoba-Ontario border...

And you have to remember the CBC does tend to attract a lot of readers (and posters) who tend to discount the value of "Law and Order"

And of course, there is at least one censor (pardon me..."moderator") on this web site who gleefully suppresses comments from the right of the political spectrum on a regular basis...
" (Emphasis mine)

As Calgary Redneck points out, everyone is out to drown the conservatives. All the time. Especially in the comments section of the Commie-run CBC website. Oooh, wait, it gets better: that's why they call it the COMMents section, and not the CONSERents section. Maybe this is also why the real Stephen Harper is hiding in a secret lair somewhere and has replaced himself and his family with robots to use in public. Just saying....

Sigh.

PS: I have actually commented on a CBC news post before. I wonder if someone out there is filling their time writing blog posts exposing my ugly nature...

No comments:

Post a Comment